Thursday, October 30, 2008

how quickly they grow

Nate had his 15 month check-up yesterday (only about 1 month late, oops!). My little man is growing so fast. I wish I could slow time down. He's my second and last baby boy and he's not a baby anymore, he's fast on the road to being a "kid". Gone are the snuggle days. Gone are the sweet newborn cooing noises. Gone is the soft, never bruised, never scraped skin. Gone is the new baby smell. How did that happen so fast? Did I blink and miss it? Perhaps I should have started this blog a year ago, or even 4 years ago when my first was new. Maybe I'd have a vast collection of memories forever saved in sappy posts I could read back on years later. Perhaps. But even if I had, these special days of babyhood would still be gone. At least this mom's biggest consolation prize are the millions of new memories and experiences yet to be had. Even while I miss those baby days, I so love the little man he's becoming and can wait to see what a great kid, teenager, man, husband and father he'll grow to be.

Appt. stats: 24 lbs 1 oz - 32"

No comments: